Telework is the ability to work from home or a satellite office one or more days per week. Millions of people are working from home simply by picking up the phone or turning on their computers — saving themselves and their businesses millions of dollars. Telework centers provide a professional work environment equipped with work stations, office equipment and support.
Good for the Bottom Line
- Strengthened employee recruitment and retention
- Reduced absenteeism, sick leave, and late arrivals
- Increased employee productivity
- Increased employee satisfaction
- Reduced costs for office space and parking
- Expanded geographic access to skilled workers
- Enhanced public recognition as an innovative business and as a good corporate citizen
Good for Employees
- Reduced stress due to fewer long, congested commutes
- Improved productivity resulting from fewer interruptions and distractions
- Enhanced time management and opportunity for flexible work schedules
- Improved balance between work and family life, boosting employee satisfaction
Telework!VA is a public/private partnership serving Virginia businesses. The Telework!VA program can help your business demonstrate that teleworking is beneficial to both the employer and the employee. Qualified employers can receive up to $50,000 in tax credits while helping their employees become more productive, reduce overhead expenses, prepare for business continuity and decrease their impact of pollution and traffic congestion.
Services for Arlington Employers
For information and assistance in setting up a telework program for your employees, contact Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP). These experienced business transportation experts will help you provide your employees no-cost or low-cost commuter benefits. Call 703-247-9299 (TDD: 711) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ATP makes it easy and convenient for you to establish and administer a telework program. Ways in which ATP can help include:
- Providing information on telework programs and answering any questions
- Explaining implementation choices
- Helping you design the best telework program for your needs
- Sponsoring a workshop or seminar to explain telework to managers and staff
- Acting as a liaison to teleworking resources
- Providing case studies