COVID-19 and Transit Service
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be an ongoing, ever-changing situation for the region. Regional transit systems are developing plans for their service in response to the recommendations from national, state and local health agencies. Transit is for essential travel only. Below are links with more information from each transit system:
ARLINGTON TRANSIT - ART
VIRGINIA RAILWAY EXPRESS - VRE
LOUDOUN COUNTY TRANSIT
MONTGOMERY COUNTY RIDE ON
PRINCE GEORGE'S THE BUS
MARYLAND TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION
ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ONLY. IF YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL FOLLOW THESE RULES
Bus and train trips are for essential travel only. If you need to travel:
- Enter the rear door on the bus. If you need to use the wheelchair ramp, enter the front door. Fares for ART, Metrobus and some other bus systems are free at this time.
- Stay 6 feet away from others on the bus or train and while waiting for it to arrive.
- Wear a face covering when in public and while on the bus or train.
In addition, the Centers for Disease Control recommends you do the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you're experiencing symptoms and have traveled to areas of concern (or have been in contact with someone who has), call ahead to your health-care provider before you go in person.
Visit the CDC web site for more information.
Visit Arlington County's web site for information from the Arlington County Public Health Division.