The Commuter Store and COVID 19
Commuter Stores and Mobile Commuter Stores Take Precautions for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
The Commuter Stores and Mobile Commuter Stores are taking the necessary precautions to keep our customers and staff safe. Staff are wearing masks and using sanitizing wipes and disinfecting products to clean door handles, table surfaces, keyboards, glass partitions, and other frequently touched hard surfaces. Plexiglass partitions have been added to the open counters and six foot markings are in place. Customers are asked to limit their time in the store to 10 minutes and be prepared with your ticket needs, payments and schedule requests. Please wear a mask while in the store.
Customers are urged to follow the recommendations from the Center for Disease Control to prevent the spread of the disease including:
- Wear a mask in public
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you're experiencing symptoms and have traveled to areas of concern (or have been in contact with someone who has), call ahead to your health-care provider before you go in person.
Staff will continue to monitor COVID-19-related developments and take appropriate action in consultation with Arlington County, State, and Regional public health authorities.
Visit the CDC web site for more information.
Visit Arlington County's web site for information from the Arlington County Public Health Division.