Transit Rider Tips -- Text Only
This page is meant as a more-accessible, text-only version of the graphic on the COVID-19 and Transit Service page.
Transit Rider Tips for Essential Travel During COVID-19
Help Protect Yourself and Your Community
- Ride for ESSENTIAL trips only (e.g. essential work, grocery store, doctor, pharmacy, etc.).
- Wear a mask.
- Keep distance from riders while waiting for the bus/rail and on it. CDC recommends a minimum of 6 ft. distance.
- Enter the bus from the back door, unless you need the wheelchair lift.
- Keep at least one row of seats between you and other riders.
- Limit touching surfaces.
- Clean your phone with an antibacterial wipe before and after travel.
- Do not ride for non-essential trips.
- Do not ride when you are sick.
- Do not ride without a mask.
- Do not take a bus/rail that appears full, instead wait for the next one.
- Do not enter the bus from the front door, unless you need the wheelchair lift.
- Do not sit in a vacant seat close to another rider.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Do not keep your bag on the floor and other surfaces. If it does come in contact, sanitize after.
Arlington's Car-Free Diet, ART, Arlington Transit