How to Change SmartBenefits Allocation - CommuterDirect.com Customers
If you use your SmartBenefits on CommuterDirect.com, follow the instructions below.
If you use your SmartBenefits at the Commuter Stores, click here for instructions.
1. Visit CommuterDirect.com and log in to your existing account using the username and password that you created when you set up your CommuterDirect.com account. This process should be handled as soon as possible, but not later than the 16th of the month prior to the effective month. Example: Complete by 16th of January to be effective for February.
2. Click "Continue."
3. Press the “Renewable Orders” tab. If you do not have a Renewable order, press the “SmartBenefits" tab and skip to Step 8.
4. Press the “Edit Renewable Order” button.
5. Enter the dollar amount of the new transit subsidy that you are requesting to pay for your monthly transit pass. This entry is made in the “Payment Promise” screen.
This amount should not exceed your renewable order amount and should not exceed your maximum benefit amount. Any funds sent to CommuterDirect.com above your monthly pass total is subject to be returned back to your employer, so only enter the amount needed to cover your ticket that is on your renewable order.
6. Once you have entered the updated dollar amount, press the blue “Update Renewable Order” button.
Click image to enlarge.
7. A popup window will appear prompting you to update your Employer Contribution amount, press the long blue button.
This amount should not exceed your renewable order amount and should not exceed your maximum benefit amount. Any funds sent to CommuterDirect.com above your monthly pass total is subject to be returned back to your employer, so only enter the amount needed to cover your monthly transit pass. For renewable order customers, this amount should be the same as you previously entered in the prior steps.
9. Now press the “Update Employer Contribution Information” button (long green bar).
10. The final step is to log out of your account.
If you still need assistance after working through these steps, please call 703-228-7433. The best times to call are between 1:30pm and 5:00pm Monday through Friday. This is typically the times of lowest call volumes for CommuterDirect.com.