How to Change the Amount Charged to a Prepaid Card for Renewable Orders
The federal transit subsidy for commuters will be reduced from $245 to $130 per month, effective January 1, 2014. CommuterDirect.com customers paying for renewable monthly orders using employer-provided prepaid debit cards will need to change the amount charged to their prepaid card. This process should be handled as soon as possible, but not later than the 9th of December to take effect for January.
Six steps to change the amount charged to your prepaid card:
1) Visit CommuterDirect.com and log in to your existing account using the username and password that you created when you set up your CommuterDirect.com account.
2) Click the "Renewable Orders" tab.
3) Click the "Edit Renewable Order" button.
4) Enter the dollar amount of the new transit subsidy that you are requesting to pay for your monthly transit pass. This entry is made in the “Payment Promise” screen.
This amount should be equal to your renewable order amount or $130, whichever amount is LOWER.
5) Once you have entered the updated dollar amount, press the blue “Update Renewable Order” button.
6) New transit subsidy amount is shown. You're finished!