Student iRide SmarTrip Card
The new iRide SmarTrip Card makes it easier for teens to get around.
Why Get One?
It Saves Money. ART bus rides only cost 85¢ with the card.
It's Easy. It's just like a regular SmarTrip card that works on Metrobus, Metrorail, ART and other buses.
It's Convenient. You don't have to worry about carrying cash or buying a paper Metrorail pass.
Only middle and high school students in Arlington can use the card and must be present and show their student ID (or other form of ID) at the time of purchase. The Student iRide SmarTrip card can be purchased for $2.00 at the Commuter Stores located in Ballston, Rosslyn, Shirlington, Crystal City and the Mobile Commuter Store which travels throughout Arlington.
The card will expire on the students' 19th birthday.
Registration Form (PDF) -- The Student iRide SmarTrip card must be registered at the Commuter Store at the time of purchase. Print and fill out the registration form ahead of time and bring it with you to the Commuter Store to make purchasing the card quicker and easier.
Have questions? Check out the iRide SmarTrip Card FAQ for more info.
Terms & Conditions
- Card is active until the bearer’s 19th birthday. The bearer is subject to being carded by authorized transit employees or police. If carded, presentation of a student ID, with proof of age, must be produced on demand.
- One card per youth.
- Card must be registered at the time of purchase.
- Card must be tapped on the farebox for bus entry.
- Card cannot be exchanged for cash. If lost, stolen or inoperable, remaining values will be transferred to a replacement card that may be purchased.
- The iRide discount is only available on ART – Arlington Transit buses.
- Stored value may be used on other regional transit systems and Metrorail.
- Card must remain in possession of registrant. Card must not be given to family or friends.
- When used on Metrorail, card is used for both entry and exit if stored value is on card.
- SmarTrip contains sensitive electronics, do not bend, perforate or expose to extreme temperatures.
- For information about SmarTrip or to report a problem with your card, please call 1-888-762-7874 (TDD: 1-703-620-8782).
- If found, please return to: Arlington Transit, 2100 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 900, Arlington VA 22201
- SmarTrip logo is a registered trademark of WMATA.