Reading and Running
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
– Thursday, September 6, 2012
Every week on Tuesday and Thursday through 9/6/2012
What: The Cherrydale Branch Library and DC Road Runners want to help you love both, by giving you the physical and mental preparation to run a 5K. Our goal is participation in the Arlington Police, Fire & Sheriff 9-11 Memorial 5K, which takes place Sept. 8, 2012.
The 9 week Reading and Running program is FREE, and will include:
- Group walks/runs - Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. at Cherrydale, beginning July 10
- Complete training plan and tips - Provided by Road Runners Club of America certified coaches
- Seminars and discussions - On nutrition and physical activity
- Reading – List of books to keep you in the running mood
- Motivation - Inspiration and camaraderie found only in a training group
To register, call 703-228-6330, stop by the Cherrydale library or visit www.dcroadrunners.org/sign-up/reading-and-running.
NOTE: Registration for Reading and Running does NOT include the $30 registration / fee for the Arlington Police, Fire and Sheriff 9-11 Memorial 5K. REGISTER online for the 9-11 Memorial 5K.